Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Hi, everyone! Sorry it's been a while since I've updated the blog. Mostly, though, it is a good thing because it just means not too much has been going on. I've continued with my weekly chemo regimen and will have my follow up MRI this Friday. I will find out the results this coming Tuesday when I meet with Dr. Livingston. At that time, he will let me know if we're going to schedule my surgery or do another month of chemo. I feel really positive that the chemo has continued to work and am anxious to know the MRI results.

The days pass by fairly slowly for me. I continue to exercise every day and am staying physically strong. Some days, I'm just overwhelmed with fatigue and don't get very much done except for my exercise and other days I feel almost my normal self and am active most of the day. It is quiet when I am home alone. Luckily, Janaya is in and out most days inbetween her classes at ASU and her work schedule.

Pam surprised me on Tuesday of last week. I'd had my chemo earlier in the day and had gone to bed. Joe heard something outside and thought it was Michael coming home with some of his friends. He ran and shut my bedroom door because I didn't have my wig on and he knew I wouldn't want Michael's friends to see me. Then, he heard a rumbling noise come across the bridge to our front door. The next thing I heard was a soft knocking on my bedroom door and "Can I come in?" Pam had played an April Fool's Day trick that wasn't a trick and made a surprise visit. She knows how hard it is for me to be alone during the days. She stayed until Monday and then flew home. She and her whole family came back out this past Saturday. They are on Spring Break.

We had a wonderful Easter. Joey came down from NAU. Even though the kids are all getting older, we hid eggs and had an Easter egg hunt. We hid a twenty dollar bill in one of the eggs and that kept interest going until it was found. I made pulled pork sandwiches for lunch and we all ate outside on the patio. We played Pictionary which was good for a lot of laughs. Michael drew Africa when he was trying to get us to guess Yugoslavia and Pam drew Iceland when she was trying to get us to guess Finland. I guess we need some geography lessons at our house! (Dottie - maybe I should send them to you for some World Wanderers!)

Pam's husband had to fly back home late last night to be back at work, but first he and Pam and Joe and I went out to dinner at a wonderful restaurant friends in my book group had recommended. We sat outside underneath these huge shade trees. The food, the conversation, and the company were all first class. It was a wonderful evening. Pam and the kids are here until Friday.

I'll post a few pictures from Easter for you all to see.


This is the Easter bunny cake I made. :>)


Everyone sitting down to eat. We had our meal early in the day because Janaya had to work the evening shift and Joey had to go back up to NAU. I think everyone actually enjoyed my cooking!




Lots of smiles and laughter as we played Pictionary.


Joe and I. Pam and Jim. Please ignore the fact that my wig is on crooked!


The kids from left to right. Michael, Connor, Mary, Joey, and Brian. Janaya had left for work already.

Well, that is it for now. Tuesday will definitely be a big day for me. I will let everyone know what we find out.

Hope that everyone's Easter was as wonderful as mine!
Talk to you soon!
Love you!
Martha

2 comments:

Jim said...

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering what's going on. Good luck with the MRI and visit.

Love the pictures. So much fun to see everyone now that we're middle-age. How did it happen? I think everyone looks the same. Everyone probably thinks I look like Methuselah's older brother.

Today is the tax filing deadline. So thankful tax season is finally over.

Keep up the good work (and great outlook).

Jim

Joe said...

Things are still on schedule!!

We biked yesterday about 25 miles and were done in last night. Still splitting logs.

the daffys are beautiful and are almost finished.

So glad to see spring.

Love you,

Dad