Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Fantastic Labor Day Weekend!

Hi, everyone. No news on the cancer front except that my skin is very slowly turning the corner and starting to heal. Finally! For me, radiation was definitely worse than the surgery was. But, it's in the past, another thing I've survived through and hopefully am stronger for.

Joe and I had a wonderful weekend up north at our cabin with Joey. Janaya had to work and Michael had a football tailgate and swimming practice he didn't want to miss, so it was just the three of us. I'll post pictures below, but the absolute, very best part of the weekend was just getting to spend so much time with Joey. And, he was thrilled to bespending the time with us! I told Joe on our way home -"He actually likes us!"


Playing Risk.


Joe had just taken over the Middle East, so we made him wear a towel on his head.


Cuddling up under a blanket at the beginning of September in Arizona?!!


Even Brewski got into the laid back feeling of the weekend.



Hanging out by the campfire.


And my kids tell me I'm not funny!



Playing washers.


Riding the dirt bike and quad.

They say a picture tells the story and these certainly do. It was a great weekend and I miss Joey already!

Love and hugs!
Martha

3 comments:

Cheela said...

How awesome, Martha!

Carol Dunton said...

Great pictures! Wait a minute....just a sec there....is that Joe??? Wearing a yellow shirt??!??? : ))) I almost missed it with the towel on his head!! I'm so glad that you had such an awesome time up at your cabin! : ))) Makes my heart smile! Love you all!
Carol

N-Search of Peace! said...

Love is an amazing thing!

Sending you ALL love!
N-Peace