Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Song For Joe

Good morning everyone! I don't know what's been wrong with me yesterday and today. I should be jumping with joy over the MRI results and instead I'm crying. I think a lot of anxiety builds up each time I have to have one of these tests and even when the results are good, the anxiety has to release somehow. I am going to pour myself into housework (my house is filthy right now) and the gym today and try to get my emotions turned around.

I love Alison Kraus. I think she has a voice like an angel. And, the best part is when I sing on the treadmill or in the car, I sound just like her! :>) Joe and I were talking on the way home from Tucson yesterday. He was asking me for advice as to what he could say or do to help me when I'm feeling anxious or down. I know he feels so helpless most of the time. This song, 'You Say It Best When You Say Nothing At All' came to my mind. I've never been really good about talking out my feelings and emotions, but Joe is always there for me steady as a rock. I know I can depend on him and that he will love me no matter what and he doesn't have to say a word for me to know that. So, this song is for him.

Love you all!
Martha

4 comments:

N-Search of Peace! said...

Tears that fall are still of grace...so sweetie friend, let them all fall...
Love from your Joe is more than words can describe...even the ones in the silence...
Feeling each emotion makes us human...feel every single one of them...
Finding PEACE is the scar left behind...

N-Peace

LoriH said...

I LOVE that song, Martha. Last month when I left book club it was on the radio & I went home an extra long way just so I could hear it & sing along. And guess what? I sound just like her, too!! We should totally do a duet some time! But you're right. That song says so much about just being there. You're very lucky to have Joe :). I am so glad the news continues to be good. I'll bet some of those tears are from hormones, too. Give yourself permission to cry--it's cathartic. And then eat some chocolate & you'll feel better!

Dottie said...

A good man . . . and a good lady!!! That's a match made in heaven!!! And, Martha, Joe knows that if the roles were reversed, you would be right there beside him every step of the way as well!!! Life is good!!! You're so lucky to have each other!!!

Lots of love (and respect) to both of you,
Dottie

Meags said...

You and Joe are a great team. Thank you for honoring your other half. So many forget to recongnize the match isn't complete with out the love of both. Thanks for reminding everyone to be thankful for their spouse.